Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Lowestoft Town FC app


Lowestoft Town - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Lowestoft Town
Coalville Town
C Henderson (7'), S Gaughran (16'), J Louis (51'), J Ainsley (71' Pen), S Bammant (90')
Full time
Tue 30 Sep 19:45 - The FA Cup 14-15 Attendance 397

Lowestoft Town 5 Coalville Town 0

Lowestoft Town ease past Coalville Town with an accomplished performance and 5-0 win in their FA Cup replay.

Lowestoft Town ease past Coalville Town with an accomplished performance and 5-0 win in their FA Cup replay to set up an away tie in the next round at Tamworth.

Main Sponsors - Smith Bros Timber

Att 397

Lowestoft Town:
Jessup, Hayles, Gleeson, Gaughran, Haynes-Brown (Marsden 13 mins), Ainsley, Fisk (Radomski 85 mins), Okay, Smith, Henderson (Bammant 78 mins), Louis
Subs not used; Davis

Coalville Town: Bowles, Farmer, Stuart, Saunders, McAteer, Edwards, Miveld, Davis, Marshall, Woolley, Brown-Hill (Foulkes 63 mins)
Subs not used; Aboillahi, Moore, Coton

Lowestoft made one change to their starting line-up from Saturday with Gaughran coming back into the side at centre back and Bammant dropping to the bench. This meant Henderson was moved up top alongside Louis, with Ainsley taking up position on the right wing and Hayles at right back. It was just the four subs on the Lowestoft bench, which included young reserve team striker Remell Davis.
For Coalville, they made the long trip to the east coast and made two changes to their starting line-up with Edwards and Brown-Hill coming in.

On Saturday Coalville were quick to close Lowestoft down from the off and it was no different as the replay got underway with Lowestoft being given no time to settle on the ball early on.
Lowestoft were in no mood to hang about though and after coming away goalless from ninety minutes on Saturday, it took them just seven minutes to take the lead. A clipped ball in from the left by Smith bobbled around briefly just a yard from goal, before Henderson prodded it home to send the blues 1-0 ahead (7 mins).
The first of many Coalville bookings came just after the goal with Haynes-Brown marauding forward and being caught by McAteer, who promptly went into the referees book.
Lowestoft were already looking a threat and with some lovely football they opened up Coalville to leave Smith in on goal but with the offside flag going up, Coalville breathed a sigh of relief.
The blues suffered a blow early on with the loss of Haynes-Brown to a back injury, as the promising and enthusiastic Marsden replaced him and took up position on the right of midfield with Smith moving to left back and Ainsley to the left wing.
The quality in delivery from Smith on Saturday was below par by his standards but having already set up the opening goal of the night, he added to his assists with a great free-kick from the right that Gaughran gambled on to get the slightest of glances on the ball to head home for 2-0 (16 mins).
It was one-way traffic and Coalville already had their work cut out but did work an effort from distance that forced Jessup into action in the Lowestoft goal, diving to his left to push it away.
Lowestoft continued to control matters as Marsden got behind an effort from fully thirty yards but the keeper Bowles was right behind it on the deck.
Coalville were looking for the same long and at times diagonal balls that they used on Saturday but the difference being that they were already two behind and needed to find something different if they were going to somehow get into the game.
Ainsley had been asked to move across to an unfamiliar position on the left but he had carried his confidence from Saturday into this game and picked out Louis in the box, who controlled the ball well before getting a quick shot away, only to see the keeper get down to make a very good stop.
Thirty minutes had gone and Lowestoft were looking good for their lead and comfortable in their play as a chipped Ainsley effort towards an unguarded goal was headed off the line by the covering Davis for Coalville.
It was all proving a little too easy for Lowestoft and as a result their midfield briefly dropped a little deeper and started to give Coalville some time on the ball but this didn't last long before the blues captain, Gleeson fired into his side to get them up the pitch. The response was instant, as Louis made a fine touch to put Henderson in but the livewire steered his effort just wide of the post.
The pressure was now firmly back on Coalville with five minutes of the half remaining and after being somewhat invisible on Saturday, Henderson was really enjoying himself and proving to be a constant annoyance to the away side.
Half time sounded as Lowestoft left the pitch with a two goal lead, courtesy of two great deliveries by Smith, who had put the ball right on the money on both occasions.

A two goal lead can sometimes see a team ease off and give opportunity to the opposition but Lowestoft were in no frame of mind to do that with Coalville. An Ainsley effort was saved at the near post by the away keeper, while Lowestoft continued to press early on in the second half and Henderson started to draw the fouls and bookings with his skilful and attacking play for the blues.
Any hope of a Coalville lifeline was then fully extinguished with a truly superb ball from Gleeson, that was bent in behind the defence to put Louis in on goal and with the powerhouse showing great composure and quality, he finished with class for 3-0 (51 mins). Smith was then at it again, whipping in another fine free-kick from the left, with Hayles so close to grabbing a fourth for a rampant looking Lowestoft.
Coalville were simply not in the game but with their best attempt of the match, a direct ball up field was headed into the path of Marshall, who let fly with a good shot but Jessup wasn't going to let his clean sheet go easily, as he dived to his left to make a great save for the Trawlerboys.
It really wasn't getting any easier for the away side, as the fouls and bookings kept coming as a result of them not being able to live with the terrorising Henderson. Ainsley was also continuing to look confident and with him delivering from the left, the ball was slightly too high for a stretching Henderson to get over it and get his header on target.
Sixty minutes had now passed and with the exception of a booking for Louis and a substitution for Coalville, the blues continued to control matters as an excellent ball from the right by Marsden left Louis looking certain to score but his downward header was saved superbly on the line by Bowles.
Twenty minutes of the match now remained and with Lowestoft looking comfortable and Coalville looking beaten, both sides were now playing as if the match was all over.
A silly and wild tackle in the opponents half saw Ainsley go into the referees book, before Lowestoft then took the game up again with Marsden enjoying his chance to play, running with the ball at Coalville at every opportunity on the right of midfield.
The whole Lowestoft side were delivering from front to back and Fisk and Okay were keeping the team ticking over nicely in midfield with Okay playing his part in Lowestoft getting a fourth and Coalville being reduced to ten. A ball from midfield saw Okay played in on goal and with him rounding the keeper he was brought to ground with the referee pointing to the spot and immediately showing the red card to Coalville keeper Bowles. Following a brief protest Bowles left the field and was replaced in goal by left back Stuart. His first task was to keep out penalty spot master Ainsley but he stood no chance as the whistle sounded and Ainsley fired the ball into the bottom right corner for 4-0 (71 mins).
The tricky Henderson had been bowled over all night long by the opposition and with him taking one knock too many, he was replaced by Bammant with just over ten minutes of the match remaining. Bammant took little time in settling into the game and with him spinning off Farmer and leaving him for dead, the striker charged towards goal before squaring a ball to Okay but his shot beat the keeper before agonisingly coming back off the angle of crossbar and post.
The chances continued to come with Louis getting the best of the defence this time to pick out Marsden, who should have done better when in on goal but sent his effort across goal and inches wide of the far post.
Just five minutes of normal time remained as Radomski replaced Fisk and instantly looked to add to the total, flashing an effort past the upright just moments after being introduced.
A good block by Davis on Marsden stopped Lowestoft increasing their lead and with two minutes of stoppage time being indicated, Lowestoft added a cherry on top of their performance with a fifth goal. The impressive Okay glided through midfield before slipping in Bammant, who tucked away confidently for 5-0 (90 mins) and a superb win for Lowestoft.

Lowestoft looked comfortable throughout and were on their game in all areas with a real sharpness and great tempo to their game. In truth the scoreline could have been double figures but it was a result and performance that will no doubt buoy the players going into a very tough and incredibly long trip to Barrow this weekend.

There were solid performances all over in a great and workman like performance. Gaughran and Gleeson never looked in trouble and Jessup ensured that he was going to keep another clean sheet with a fine save early in the second half from the only real chance on goal for Coalville.
The quality in delivery from corners and free-kicks by Smith was outstanding, especially in the first half with his two assists and throughout the match Okay put in an industrious box-to-box midfield performance.
Louis also put in a strong performance, leading the line well and taking his goal with great quality and class. However, the Coalville side were never given a moments rest and could do nothing but foul and pick up several bookings in trying to contain and stop the irrepressible skill and attacking play of my Man of the Match, Chris Henderson.

Lowestoft Town now turn their attentions back to their league programme, with a quite frankly bonkers away trip to Barrow on Saturday. Even with an overnight stay this will be the toughest test so far for the blues, not just with the travel but also against high flyers Barrow.

Come on you blues!!

Terry Bullen

Train with the Best - Win a training session with the England 6-a-side squad

Chris Henderson

Player of the Match

Chris Henderson

Key moments

Goal Chris Henderson scores for Lowestoft Town
Goal Sam Gaughran scores for Lowestoft Town
Goal Jefferson Louis scores for Lowestoft Town
Scored Penalty Jack Ainsley scores a penalty for Lowestoft Town
Goal Shaun Bammant scores for Lowestoft Town
Replay game

As it happened

  • Lowestoft Town
  • Coalville Town
  • 0
  • Adam Smith Assist 7:00'
  • Chris Henderson Goal 7:00'
  • Curtis Haynes-Brown Sub Off 13:00'
  • Joe Marsden Sub On 13:00'
  • Adam Smith Assist 16:00'
  • Sam Gaughran Goal 16:00'
  • Dan Gleeson Assist 51:00'
  • Jefferson Louis Goal 51:00'
  • Jefferson Louis Yellow Card 62:00'
  • Jack Ainsley Yellow Card 68:00'
  • Erkan Okay Assist 71:00'
  • Jack Ainsley Scored Penalty 71:00'
  • Chris Henderson Sub Off 78:00'
  • Shaun Bammant Sub On 78:00'
  • Andrew Fisk Sub Off 85:00'
  • Dawid Radomski Sub On 85:00'
  • Erkan Okay Assist 90:00'
  • Shaun Bammant Goal 90:00'

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments


Club sponsors