Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Lowestoft Town FC app


Lowestoft Town - Match centre

adidas lockerroom
Lowestoft Town
Sat 17 Mar 15:00 - The Ryman Football League - Premier Division Full time Attendance 680

Lewes 2 Lowestoft Town 2

With Greg Crane still injured and Sam Gaughran unavailable, Lowestoft Town gambled on retaining the far from fit Matt Halliday and Andy Reynolds in the starting line up when they travelled to a Lewes side who are beginning to get their season together aga

The gamble though appeared to have back fired on the Trawlerboys as they fell two goals down inside the opening quarter of an hour. However the Blues showed their resilience as they fought back against the odds to claim a point with an equalising goal literally seconds before the final whistle.

Things looked promising for the Trawlerboys as they carved the home defence open in the first minute with Matt Nolan and Chris Henderson combining to create an opening for Robert Eagle whose drive from the edge of the area brought a fine diving save from Matt Ingram.

Lewes stunned Lowestoft by taking the lead with their first attack as a high ball forward dropped between Halliday and Reynolds and with neither player making a decisive move for the ball Nathan Crabb nipped between them to steer the ball into the net.

Worse was to follow for the Trawlerboys as Lewes doubled their lead in the 12th minute. As a Lowestoft attack broke down the ball was quickly played forward by Jack Walder and Crabb used his pace to get clear of Halliday to shoot past the advancing Reynolds.

Lowestoft were still pushing forward when in possession and Eagle won them a corner from which his flag kick saw Dean Sinclair’s glancing header going just wide of the far post.

Lowestoft though were still struggling to contain a lively Lewes attack and from a right wing corner Steve Robinson saw his looping header bounce on the Blues crossbar.

On the half hour mark Halliday finally called it a day and was replaced by Michael Frew with Sinclair dropping back into the centre of defence. The Blues defence immediately looked a more compact unit enabling them to push forward more with Henderson moving out to the left where he gave Malvin Kamara a torrid time. The move paid dividends in the 41st minute as Henderson again got the better of the full back before being brought down in the penalty area. Sinclair stepped up to drill home the spot kick for his second goal in consecutive games.

As the first half came to an end Lewes thought they had added a third goal as a free kick from the left ended in the back of the net but the goal was disallowed for an infringement on Reynolds as he jumped for the ball.

The second half was mainly confined to midfield but with Lowestoft pushing forward with more determination in their search for an equalising goal. With 4 added minutes signalled and with 93 minutes and 56 seconds showing on the electronic scoreboard Lowestoft conjured up an equalising goal. A quickly taken free kick from Adrian Forbes saw Nathan Stone muscle his way past Robinson before shooting low past Ingram. There was barely time for the game to restart before the final whistle sounded.

Terry Lynes

Train with the Best - Win a training session with the England 6-a-side squad

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.

League round up

Other Premier Division results

AFC Hornchurch
Bury Town
Concord Rangers
Metropolitan Police
Billericay Town
Wingate & Finchley
Hastings United


Loading comments

League table

# Team Pl Pts
1. Billericay Town 42 85
2. AFC Hornchurch 42 82
3. Lowestoft Town 42 82
4. Wealdstone 42 75
5. Bury Town 42 75
6. Lewes 42 73
7. Hendon 42 72


Club sponsors