Club app icon

Pitchero Club

The official Lowestoft Town FC app


Lowestoft Town - Match centre

Lowestoft Town FC
Sat 18 Jul 15:00 - Friendly Full time

Lowestoft Town 5 Gorleston 0


Lowestoft Town recorded their first win of their pre-season friendlies with a 5-0 win over neighbours Gorleston.

LOWESTOFT TOWN: Jessup, Coe, Smith, Deeks, Mitchell, Gleeson, Mason, Rossi Jarvis, Crow, Woods-Garness, Eagle, subs (all used) Okay, Garnham, Fisk, Reed, Catholine, Fowkes, Will, Nyadzayo.

GORLESTON: Molloy, Harris, Brown, Long, Taylor, Plumstead, Ingram, Eagleton, Watts, McKay, Middleton, Smith, MacRae, Applegate, Clay, King

Referee: Mr A Sannerude.

Lowestoft Town recorded their first win of their pre-season friendlies as they cruised to their expected victory over Thurlow Nunn League neighbours Gorleston at a sunny Crown Meadow in front of a crowd of about 300. Gorleston deserve credit for trying to make a game of it but were clearly not up to the standard of their National League hosts.

Lowestoft were on the offensive from the start using the pace and skill of wide men Dean Mason and Robert Eagle to full effect. It was Mason who had the first attempt at goal but after beating a couple of defenders his curling effort from the edge of the area was easily held by Taurean Molloy in the Greens goal.
The goal the Trawlerboys had been threatening arrived in the 17th minute and it is fitting that the two lively wingers would be involved. Mason’s left wing corner was cleared back out to him and his second effort saw Eagle time his run to perfection to glance home a header at the near post.
Lowestoft doubled the lead in the 26th minute with Mason picking the ball up just inside the Gorleston half to dribble his way through the Gorleston defence before slotting the ball past Molloy.
Ten minutes before the break Lowestoft sent on the giant trialist Cal Catholine to replace Dan Gleeson.
Little was seen of the Gorleston attack until the closing minutes of the first half when a left wing cross picked out Adam Plumstead at the far post but he couldn’t keep his header down.
It took Lowestoft just 4 minutes of the second half to add their third goal with Jake Reed played in behind the Gorleston defence to chip the ball over Molloy into the net from the edge of the penalty area.
Lowestoft were not allowing Gorleston any space at all but Greens Cain Eagleton did find space to test Jake Jessup who got down quickly to save. The Trawlerboys were hungry for further goals and following a foul on the lively Bradley Woods-Garness by Aaron Taylor, Mason’s free kick was pushed up onto the bar and over by the Greens keeper.
The most spectacular goal of the game came in the 78th minute with Eagle picking the ball up some 30 yards out and sending a screamer into the top corner of the net.
In the final quarter Lowestoft gave an outing to three of their promising youngsters and it was one of them, Lee Will, who added the final goal three minutes from time getting clear in the inside right position to side the ball wide of the keeper and just inside the far post.
It was another excellent workout for the Trawlerboys who played some attractive attacking football, passing the ball around well and creating chances for their front men. Danny Crow made his comeback after being sidelined since February with a 30 minute run out. Wingers Mason and Eagle were outstanding with all 19 players having minutes on the pitch.

Terry Lynes

Team selection

Team selection has not been published for this fixture yet.


Loading comments


Club sponsors